When is the last time you put your phone down or stepped away from the election coverage? I’m thinking you need a break. I sure do!
Just in time…today is National Play Outside Day. Do you need a few ideas?
- Explore hiking trails near you.
- Check out every park in your neighborhood and climb, slide, swing on every playground set.
- Start a game of catch, kickball, tag, Frisbee or make up a game.
- Go to the beach.
- Run through the sprinkler.
- Go camping.
- Go fishing.
- Fly a kite.
- Jump in a pile of leaves.
- Build a fort – of leaves or snow or whatever is handy.
- Walk around the block.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Go sledding. I’m sure it’s knowing somewhere!
- Identify the constellations at night and look for meteors.
- Visit your favorite state or national park.
I plan on taking my dog to the local park and walking a few miles. He loves it and so do I. Then I’ll work on cleaning up my yard, since the flowerbeds are in dire need of attention. How about you?
Leave a comment and let me know what you plan to do when spending time outside today!